Find answers about frequently asked questions and discover how RebateKey works
Our site is built to help you get full priced sales using rebates instead of coupons. Full priced sales can help you rank faster than discounted sales. But please note that we are not a review generating platform.
With our platform, you can enter any URL you want to send the buyers to claim your rebate. The buyers will enter their order ID into our system to start the rebate process. You will also be able to communicate with buyers using our buyer/seller messaging to help them with the process or answer questions.
We also provide landing pages for you to drive your own traffic in order to get more claims per day.
The fee is $2.95 per buyer claim. You prepay the amount equal to your per day rebates. Each time a rebate is claimed we charge the card on file to replenish your funds.
After the buyer enters their order number and the money is held for 30 days after that you’ll have a 5-day window to approve or decline the rebate, when that period ends a check will be sent to the buyer.
Let us know if you have further questions or clarifications.
The payment system uses multiple wallets:
- 1 wallet per rebate campaign.
- A general wallet (you can consult your general wallet here: https://rebatekey.com/seller/wallet).
When you create/edit a rebate campaign, payments are credited into the rebate campaign wallet. To consult the wallet of each rebate, go to your list of rebate campaigns (https://rebatekey.com/rebates). On the right part of each rebate campaign, click on the dark "Details" button and click on "View wallet".
When your rebate campaign ends (or if you cancel it), the system automatically will first check how many claims you had for that rebate campaign. According to the number of claims you got, the system will block the corresponding amount of money in your rebate wallet to pay out buyers.
The remaining money for that rebate campaign is automatically transferred to your general wallet. For your new rebate campaigns, you will be able to pay with your general wallet.
We’re very sorry to hear that. While our site is great for certain items, it's important to remember that customers have to pay the full price and wait for their rebate. What we suggest sellers to increase claims is to drive their own buyer traffic to their landing pages. This is a great way to do it, a different one would be offering a 100% rebate!
When your campaign is over, you can request the refund back to your card.
Yes. Each time a buyer claims a rebate, you will be given his Order ID for you to approve or dispute. Please check carefully. Sellers who dispute too many rebates will be flagged.
The determination of a Rebate dispute should be based on the compliance of one or more of the following reasons:
- The rebate key submitted was not legitimate.
- The order was cancelled or refunded.
- The product was returned.
- Extra discount coupons or codes were used along with the Rebate Key offer.
- The item bought was not the one advertised on the site.
- The item has been bought multiple times from a same account on the marketplace, in connection with the site (this depends on the seller policies).
What you need to do is:
- Put that number/ buyer name somewhere you'll remember, like a note on your phone/computer/draft on your email.
- Let the buyer know (through our messaging system) that his/her rebate will be declined due to the cancellation/refund/not finding the order ID (sometimes, they have bought the product again or entered a wrong order ID).
- Wait until the 30-day waiting period ends.
- Decline that buyer's purchase on a 5-day window before the system approves them automatically.