Table of Contents
Amazon is a top-tier brand in the current online shopping market. People’s shopping preferences tilt towards Amazon due to its huge product list and its features.
One of these features is to efficiently manage your payment options with the Amazon account.
Amazon allows you to add or delete credit card details at any moment.
In this article, we will go over the following things:
- How to remove credit card payment method from your Amazon account
- A brief guide to add a credit card to your payment options
- How to efficiently manage payment options with Amazon pay
Let’s get started.
How to Remove a Credit Card from Amazon Account
It is quite easy to remove a credit card from your Amazon account as it is to add it. We will explain with a step-by-step guide below:
Steps to Remove Credit Card
- First, you need to Log in to your Amazon account from your computer browser.
- Then you need to click on the Account & Lists option in the top right corner.
- It will open a drop-down menu. Select the Your Account option to access your account settings.
- It will open a new screen. You need to search for the Ordering and Shopping Preferences tab.
- In this tab, you will find the Your Payments open. Click on it and it will take you to your wallet.
- Here you can select the credit card/cards you want to remove. Click on your desired card.
- It will drop down a small menu when you click on the downward arrow. Click on the remove confirmation button and it will pop up a confirmation message.
- Confirm that the credentials are right and click on the confirm remove button.
- This will successfully remove the credit card from all the Amazon-related websites and lists.
- To make sure that the remove button worked, you need to check your payment method again by refreshing it.
This method is for customers that use the computer browser version of the website. Let’s see how you can do that from an Android/iOS phone.
How to remove Debit cards and Credit cards from Phone
If you are an Amazon App user, you can also manage the payment options and remove credit card details.
Here’s how you can do that:
- Open your Amazon App and log in with your Amazon account.
- Open up the Side Menu by clicking on the three bars in the top left corner.
- It will open up a list. Search the Your Account option from this list.
- Click on it and you will be directed to a new window.
- Find the Amazon Pay option and tap on it.
- Click Payment Options or the Manage Payment Options. (The option name might be different due to the app version.)
- You will then be directed to your Amazon Wallet.
- Find and select the credit card or debit cards you want to remove.
- Click on the Confirm Remove Credit Card button and the selected option will be removed from your Amazon account.
- Double-check to confirm that the remove button worked properly.
Now that you know how to remove a credit card from your Amazon account, let’s see how you can add one to your account as well.
How to Add a Credit Card to Amazon Wallet
Amazon has made it quite easy to add a payment method to your account. This is to accommodate new and experienced users.
- Login with your user credentials on the Amazon website.
- Once you have successfully logged in, click on the Account & Lists option in the top right corner of the site.
- Select the Your Account option from the displayed menu.
- Now you need to look for the Ordering and Shopping Preferences tab.
- In this tab, there is an option for Your Payments. Click on this option and you will be directed to your Amazon Wallet.
- You can add credit card credentials to your account from here.
Why do you need to delete Credit Card information?
There are numerous reasons to delete card information from your Amazon account. Some of them are related to personal reasons while some are for the safekeeping of your account.
The main reason people delete a card from Amazon is to change a card that is no longer in service or they need to shift from one card to the other.
Sometimes people are using a debit card and want to use a credit line instead and vice versa.
You can also delete a card from your Amazon account to remove access for other people that are using your account.
Moreover, people can accidentally make purchases from your card which can cause unwanted trouble in the long run.
Another reason you should remove a card from your Amazon account is for safety reasons.
How does removing a credit card keep my account safe?
Well, the first is to keep the hackers away from your account. Amazon accounts are targeted often by hackers due to the credentials it has stored in them.
Since you don’t need to confirm with a verification process, a hacker can just make purchases from your account and you’ll never know.
The second is to keep your credentials from being used for another website. This can cause legal issues for you if left unchecked.
Is my account safe from scammers as well?
Another aspect of this is the rapidly growing scams around the web. People target and try to scam Amazon users that have multiple cards linked to their accounts.
So when you remove a credit card from your Amazon account, you reduce the chances of your account getting hacked or scammed.
It is a good practice to add a credit card only when you are making purchases. After you buy something, delete your credit card information and double-check it.
Let’s see a couple of FAQs we found from around the web.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use a single credit card for multiple Amazon accounts?
Yes, you can use any card you want for home or business Amazon accounts. Amazon doesn’t stop you from using the same payment method for different accounts.
Can I use multiple credit cards for a single Amazon account?
Amazon allows its users to link multiple payment options. It also allows you to use your choice of info as well. However, it doesn’t allow you to use multiple debit/credit cards. You can use Amazon gift cards or a checking account. But you can’t use two cards.
Wrapping Things Up
This brings us to the finish line of our article on How to Remove Credit Card from Amazon. We hope this article proves to be beneficial for you and saves you a great amount of time.
In summary, deleting a credit card from Amazon serves many purposes. You can easily remove a credit card from the Amazon desktop version by accessing the settings on the top right corner.
Either way, it is quite convenient to remove this information once you get used to it.
Do let us know what you think about Credit Cards as a payment method for Amazon.