Amazon offers a wide range of apps, which often makes it difficult to identify the name or purpose of each device.
If your Amazon devices are cluttered up on your screen and you can’t identify which is which, this guide will help you out.
Read this be-slimmer.net, we have included some tips and tricks that will help you identify Amazon devices.
Quick Summary Of This Guide
This in-depth guide has everything you need to know about how to manage your Amazon and Kindle devices from your Amazon account.
Continue reading to find out how you can edit your application names or deregister from them. A step-by-step guide
We noticed that there is no way to sort your unregistered devices from the ones you are currently registered to.
However, after research, we picked out a couple of tricks you could use to sort out and identify your Amazon Devices.
Identify Amazon Devices – Complete Guide
If you want to identify your Amazon devices, here are our top two recommendations that could help you out.
Option 1: Deregister From The Kindle Devices You No Longer Own
One method is, to begin with deleting all your Amazon Kindle Apps from your Amazon account. Then log in to the Registered Kindle devices you want to use.
Here’s a step-by-step guide on how you can do this.
- Log in to your Amazon Account
- Go to the ‘Manage Your Contents and Devices’ section.
- Select the ‘ Devices’ tab
This will show a list of all your registered Kindle Devices and apps you are connected with. In case you registered your Audible account with your Amazon account, you will also be able to see a complete list of your registered Audible devices.
- Select the ‘Kindle Device’ icon
- From the ‘Device Action’ tab click on ‘Deregister’
Note: Amazon does not allow you to delete all your registered apps at once. You will have to repeat this method for all your registered devices.
Quick Tip: If you plan on deregistering all your Kindle Devices, we suggest you backup your Kindle Books first.
Option 2: Rename Your Kindle Device
If you do not want to delete all your Amazon devices or download your Kindle Books again, we have another method for you.
You can change your Kindle Device name to identify Amazon devices more easily.
Here’s a complete step-by-step guide on how you can do this.
- Log in to your Amazon account.
- Go to ‘ Manage Your Contents and Devices’.
- Under the ‘ Device’ tab you will find your complete device list
- Select the Kindle Device icon and then click on ‘Edit
- Add in the name of your preferred choice and press save.
Once you change all the names to your preferred ones it will be easier for you to identify Amazon devices.
How to Identify Amazon Devices on Your Network – Step-by-Step Guide
In case you are confused about which Amazon devices are registered on your network, follow these easy steps. They will help you identify Amazon devices and how you can update them.
- Open ‘Network Settings’ from your android device.
- Note the list of names that appear
- Click ‘Edit’ and update the names for easier accessibility
In case you are using Amazon Fire Stick, here’s what you need to do:
- Open ‘Settings’ from the main menu
- Click on the ‘ System’ tab
- Go to the ‘ About’ option
- Select the network option
- Find the MAC address from the device list
How to Set A Default Device for Amazon – Here’s What You Can Do
If you want to set a default device on your Amazon Account, here’s what you can do.
- Select the Kindle App or Kindle Device that you want to set as your default.
- Then click on the ‘Device Option’ and select ‘Set as Default Device’
- You will be interrupted by a pop-up to confirm. Click ‘Save’ to proceed.
Why Should I Check My Amazon Fire TV Device?
Regularly checking your Amazon Fire Tv device will help you identify if it needs to be updated or not.
Here are some other very important reasons to check your Fire TV device:
- To identify which features are supported only on your Fire OS 7 device
- In case the app needs to tear down the DRM
- To check which Nougat-specific features are compatible with your Fire OS 6 device
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Why Can I See More Devices Listen Than Owned Devices?
If you’ve previously deregistered from a device and downloaded it again, Amazon might have automatically created a new name for it. This will cause more apps to appear in your device list than you actually own.
Why Do I See An MP3 Sign After An Android Device?
This is nothing to worry about. It usually appears if you use Amazon Music through your Android phone.
Can I Delete All My Amazon Apps At Once?
Amazon does not allow you to delete all your registered apps at once for specific security reasons.
You can click on each application individually and press-hold to delete them from your device.
How do I Edit An App Name from My Kindle Fire Tablet?
Select the application that you want to rename. Then click on the ‘Edit’ option. Enter the name you want to change it to, press ‘Save’.
How Many Devices Can I Add to A Single Amazon Account?
You can download as many Amazon devices as you want without any interruption. However, Amazon books can only be downloaded to an average of 6 Kindle Devices and apps at one time.
How to Identify Amazon Devices – Final Verdict
If you are in a dilemma about how to identify and manage your Amazon devices, this guide has everything you need to know.
Once you change the names of the Kindle Devices from your account, it will be easier for you to manage them.
We have included the complete method and steps you can follow that will help you out. Do let us know in the comments if there is anything else you would like to know.