The gym might be closed, but that doesn’t mean your workout schedule needs to stop. Now more than ever, it is important to maintain an active lifestyle.
Confined to our homes, we are moving less throughout our day than we normally would. Not only does exercise improve your body physically, but it is also great for your mental health and can even give your immune system a boost.
Throughout your day, aim to take 15-minute breaks at least three different times to focus on a simple home exercise.
Physical activity helps our body and mind in many ways, but here are a few of the key ones:
Exercise releases chemicals in your brain, like serotonin and endorphins, which are great for your mood. It can also lead to better sleep and give you more energy. Physical movements can help ease tightness in your shoulders and neck, which often come with stress and anxiety. It also makes you feel like you achieved something. Regular exercise can help reduce your risk of serious health issues.
Don’t have any exercise equipment at home? No problem! We have you covered! Only at RebateKey.com
- Use your portable Home Gym Equipment to get a great workout in. This is not only a strengthening exercise, it is also a great form of cardio.
- Jawline Exerciser, If you have loose skin after weight loss or childbirth, please choose our jaw and chin exerciser to slim, tone, tighten, and define your face. Our jaw trainer will enhance the blood flow of your face and neck muscles.
- Resistance Bands, Powerful enough for experienced trainers, weightlifters & bodybuilders. Intense elasticity meets incomparable comfort & extreme durability.
If you need to build up to stair sprints, simply try stepping up one step with both feet and then back down. Speed up this movement to make this exercise more advanced. You can also add an extra challenge by stepping up two steps instead of one.
Run up and down your set of steps for a certain amount of time. After taking a short break, start up again. Try to increase your number of steps each day.
- Waist Trimmer, Trimmer increases your natural body heat. With its firm compression around your lower torso, it enhances thermogenic activity, causing you to perspire more in your abdominal area. This results in faster, more targeted slimming without extra effort.
- Lunge it out, Lunges are the perfect way to get your legs moving after sitting around for a long period. Take a break from a work project or your streaming session by doing 10 lunges on the hour, every hour. If you haven’t lunged before, start with a single leg stand first before beginning directional lunges.
- Jump Rope, Make sure you can be smoother and safer in the process of skipping rope. It can avoid bending and tangling like other skipping ropes.
The perfect push-up. Push-ups strengthen many parts of your body including your arms, core, back, and shoulders. A good foundation is a key to any type of push-up, so make sure to pay attention to your form.
You can also try push-ups while standing and at a 45-degree angle. Place your hands on a wall or countertop and perform your push-ups reps there.
- Pilates Training is great for young or old to workout training. Allows you to exercise while paying attention to something else once you get the correct form down. It is very helpful in regaining strength in your lower and upper body without having to run to a gym, especially during the cold winter days. Give your body a great overall workout, so do the muscles.
Staying active while staying home is easier when you put together a daily workout plan and hold yourself accountable for sticking to it. You can find lots of fitness inspiration and fully formed workout plans online to get you started with your home workouts.
If the current situation has made it difficult for you to partake in your favorite forms of exercise, it’s normal to feel a little frustrated. Don’t beat yourself up but keep experimenting with new workouts until you find something that you enjoy. And if you feel your motivation to get moving start to flag, focus on how much better you’ll feel after even a little exercise.
A word of advice before you start: If you’re new to exercise, start small – try maybe 10 minutes, then gradually build up.
Even 10 minutes of movement a day can help your body and mind feel better. Encourage your loved ones, who you’re no doubt spending a lot of time with right now, to take a moment to move their bodies too.