Frugal fashionistas and humble homemakers alike love Poshmark. Why? It’s a digital marketplace that connects eager buyers and sellers. Find unique vintage goods or sell well-loved clothing favorites.
If you’re wondering what is Poshmark, you’re probably looking to dive into this unbeatable fashion ecosystem. Read on for the ultimate guide to Poshmark, whether you plan to be a buyer, a seller, or both!
Poshmark is a social marketplace for new and secondhand styles for 70 million community members in the United States, Canada, and Australia. With 200 million items for sale, shoppers can choose from styles made for men, women, children, pets, and homes. Since it launched in 2011, Poshmark’s growth has been exponential. In 2019, the company doubled the revenue paid to sellers to $2 billion.
Both buyers and sellers love Poshmark for a reason. When it comes to how to sell on Poshmark, sellers can quickly make money off new or used goods they no longer need. Buyers can find great products at low prices without growing their carbon footprint.
Let’s look more closely at how Poshmark, the social commerce marketplace, works for both buyers and sellers.
Buyers love the Poshmark app because they can easily connect with millions of sellers offering millions of products. Whether you’re looking to snag a deal on an unopened eyeshadow palette or a gently-used pair of Jimmy Choos, Poshmark is the place for you.
A Little Bit of Everything
Poshmark brings a department store experience to your smartphone. Browse fashion, home decor, beauty, and more all in Poshmark’s marketplace. Buyers can also refine their search by:
Poshmark describes itself as a social online marketplace for a reason. The brand knows that a successful trip to the mall with family or friends is about more than just shopping—it’s a social experience, not just a resale platform. Poshmark brings that experience into its digital environment with Posh Parties. These virtual shopping parties have a wide range of themes and brands for buyers to browse, buy, and enjoy!
Poshmark helps buyers to purchase with confidence in two ways:
- Reliable Support – Buyers can contact the Poshmark customer service team if they ever run into a problem.
- Posh Protect – Every order on Poshmark is covered by Posh Protect. While all sales on Poshmark are final, buyers can count on a full refund if their purchase never ships or if it doesn’t match the listing description.
Anyone can become a reseller on Poshmark. Whether you have a gently-used dress sitting in your closet that you never wear or a brand new bottle of perfume you don’t need, Poshmark is a place where you can connect quickly with potential buyers.
Let’s hone in on the two main benefits Poshmark offers sellers: easy listings and hassle-free shipping.
At Poshmark, you can list items for sale in less than 60 seconds with three easy steps:
- Take a photo of the item on your phone camera.
- Write a quick description of the item.
- Set the price.
Then, all you have to do is wait for potential buyers to reach out!
With PoshPost, Poshmark provides sellers with prepaid, pre-addressed labels. From there, sellers are just three steps away from completing the transaction:
- Package the items in a box.
- Add the prepaid and pre-addressed label (no shipping cost!).
- Drop the package off at a USPS mailbox.
Sellers can even have the package picked up from their homes for free. It’s an incredibly easy way to resell new or used goods.
What Can You Buy on Poshmark?
When you visit Poshmark’s website, you’ll immediately see a brand spotlight for the marketplace’s four core categories:
You can then choose from three different highlights:
- Top Selling Brands This Week – You can check out the current top-selling brands such as Free People for women, Nike for men, Disney for kids, and Anthropologie for home.
- Trending Now – Next, you’ll see what brands and items are trending now such as Triangl swimwear for women, Peloton for men, Warner Bros. for kids, and Pottery Barn Teen for home.
- Popular Collections – Popular collections showcase listings that fall into current favorite categories such as summer dresses for women, polo collared shirts for men, and Burberry cardigans for kids.
Shoppers can also customize their Poshmark experience by searching for listings that fall under specific categories, including:
- Jewelry & Accessories
Buyers can also browse by brand, selecting from hundreds of brands from well-known retailers like Coach or Chanel to niche, micro-brands.
The Poshmark Community
Poshmark sets itself apart from other e-retailers and digital marketplaces, such as Mercari vs Poshmark, with its emphasis on community. Top sellers work tirelessly to curate looks for shoppers. This makes Poshmark a highly personalized and enjoyable shopping experience.
Because community is integral to the Poshmark experience, the company has three main tenets for buyers and sellers to follow to maintain trust and respect.
- Be Friendly and Kind – Poshmark wants both buyers and sellers to always feel safe and comfortable. With millions of users, Poshmark houses a diverse range of people and styles. Poshmark expects every Poshmark user to always be respectful, so everyone can enjoy the fun and fashion Poshmark has to offer.
- Be Yourself, Be Real – Authenticity is another one of Poshmark’s core values. That means users are advised to abstain from spam and excessive self-promotion. Instead, users are encouraged to be genuine and honest in their community interactions.
- Talk to Us – Poshmark’s customer support is always there for both buyers and sellers. In fact, they advise users to avoid resolving issues on their own. Rather, reach out to customer support to triage any potential problems.
Poshmark’s emphasis on community is transforming the fashion industry, making it the perfect marketplace for conscious shoppers looking to share their love for fashion or decor by buying or selling second hand.
Maximize Your Savings with RebateKey
Whether you’re perusing Poshmark for fantastic discounts or listing your own items for a quick buck, bargain-hunters are at home on Poshmark. Find more savings on your digital shopping spree with RebateKey.
Sign up for free to access up to 100 percent cash back rebates and coupons from trusted retailers like Amazon, Walmart, and Etsy. RebateKey connects savvy shoppers with sellers looking to boost their sales by offering steep discounts. Never pay full price again with a little help from your friends at RebateKey.