If you use Amazon Prime on a regular basis and are confused about how to change the language from your device, this guide has everything you need.
You should know that Amazon Prime Video allows you to change subtitles and audio settings as well. However, this could vary depending on what you are watching.
Read this guide carefully to find out how you can change the language settings based on your preference.
Quick Summary of This Guide
This guide has everything you need to know about how you can change the language, audio, and subtitles on Amazon from all your devices.
We have included quick and easy step-by-step instructions to help make the process simple for you.
How to Change the Language From the Amazon Prime Video Website?
Here’s how you can change the language on the Amazon Prime Video Website:
- Log in to your Amazon Prime video account
- Go to the dropdown option on your profile
- From the upper right corner click on the ‘Account & Settings’ option
- Go to the Language settings
- Select on the option based on your language preference
You can only choose from the available languages Amazon offers.
Note: Changing these language settings will not affect your Main Amazon account language.
How to Change the Language on Amazon Prime Video mobile App?
In case you use Amazon Prime through the mobile app, here’s what you need to do to change the language:
- Open the Prime Video application through your phone
- Go to the ‘My Stuff’ icon at the bottom of the app and click on the Gear icon
- Click on the list of languages to view all the options
- Choose your preferred language
- Press refresh to apply the selected language
How to Change the Audio Language on Amazon Prime?
You would be glad to know that Amazon allows you to change the audio language for Prime Video.
Follow these steps to find out how
- Select the video you want to watch
- Click on the ‘Subtitle and Audio’ icon.
This should appear as a bubble icon on the upper right corner of your screen
- Choose from the available languages from the list
How to Change the Language on Amazon Prime from Your Apple TV?
If you want to change the audio language from your Apple TV, here’s what you need to do:
- From your Apple TV go to the Amazon Prime Video App
- Select the video you want to watch and click on the ‘Play’ option
- No press ‘Pause’ and slide down with the help of your Apple TV remote
- From the ‘Video Option’ go to the ‘Audio Option’ bar
- Choose a language from the ‘Language option’ to change the audio or subtitles.
How to Change the Language On Amazon Prime from Your Laptop?
Are you confused about how to change the language from your web browser, here’s what you need to do:
- Open Amazon Prime Video from the Amazon website.
- Log in to your account with your email and password
- Go to the ‘Settings’ to view the language option
- Search for whichever language you prefer
- Click ‘Save’
How to Change the Subtitle Language On Amazon Prime?
If you want to check which audio and subtitles are available on Amazon Prime, follow this guide step by step.
Log in to your account and go to the ‘ Audio & Subtitle’ option. You can look for this by simply typing it in the search bar.
It is important to understand the audio and subtitle options could be different for each movie you want to watch.
Click on the series you want to view and go to the ‘Audio Language’ or ‘Subtitle’ option depending on what you want to change.
You will see a list of options to choose from. Click either of the two options and change the settings to your desired language.
How Do I Modify Subtitles on Amazon Prime?
You would be glad to know that Amazon allows you to modify subtitles and how they appear on your screen as well.
For example, you can choose from a variety of different colors, formats, and sizes as well.
In case you want to change them, go to ‘ Subtitle Settings’ and pick from the list of 5 different options that are available.
- Normal font
- Shaded font
- Color options
- With a black background
- With no background
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How Do I Change Amazon DE to English?
Amazon allows you to select your preferred language for a few Amazon sites only.
To do this, go to ‘Language Settings’ and click on the country flag to change the language.
Click save and refresh your page.
How Can I Change the Language on Amazon Prime Video Back to English?
You previously changed the language on Amazon and want to revert it back to English, follow these steps:
- From your device go to ‘Languages and Input’
- Tap to add a language or choose from the list of provided languages
- Drag the language to the top of your list
- Tap on ‘English’ to change the language
- Press ‘ Save’
Now you can watch movies in the English version.
How Many Languages Are Available on Amazon Prime?
Amazon offers multiple languages that you could choose from.
Why Does My Amazon Prime Appear in Spanish?
If your Amazon appears in Spanish this is most likely because of the preferred country on your website in Spain.
To change the settings, you can click on the flag icon to change it to the desired country of your choice.
Will modifying the language change it for all other series?
If you save the default settings on your device, it will automatically save it for all other videos and series.
However, you can choose to edit the settings individually for each video as well.
How to Change Language On Amazon – Final Verdict
Changing the setting from your Amazon Prime account may sound confusing. However, it is not as difficult as you might think it is.
Follow the instructions provided in this guide to make the process easy for you.
If you have any further questions, do let us know in the comment section.