Table of Contents
Dry, brittle hair can ruin anyone’s day. If you’re tired of breakage and frizz, you’re not alone. The harsh chemicals in most shampoos and conditioners can make dry hair even worse.
That’s where natural hair conditioners come in handy—because sometimes, all your hair really needs is a few clean ingredients and a little TLC.
If you’re looking to take the au naturale route, here are the four best natural conditioners for dry hair!
Biotin—or vitamin b7—is a naturally occurring compound that’s one of the best natural conditioners for dry hair. When you ingest biotin, your body’s keratin production is ramped up. This stimulates follicle growth and leads to thicker, stronger, and healthier hair.
There are several different ways to add more biotin to your routine to promote healthy hair:
- Omega-rich foods – Healthy fats, like salmon and avocado, are the best dietary sources of biotin.
- Hair products – Some shampoos, conditioners, and hair serums contain biotin. Before purchasing any products that advertise this compound, make sure they don’t contain any harmful ingredients like sodium sulfates and parabens.
- Vitamins – Sometimes, you simply don’t get enough biotin from your diet. Taking 1,000 mcg of biotin twice a day can make a huge difference in the look and feel of your hair, skin, and nails. And with a little help from RebateKey’s eVitamins deals, you can treat yourself to gorgeous hair from the inside out without breaking the bank.
Why it’s good for hair – Biotin produces keratin in the body, which promotes hair growth. This compound is also wonderful for skin and nails, which are made from similar cells in the body.
2. Shea Butter
You’ve probably heard that shea butter is beneficial for skin, but did you know it can help dry hair, too?
Shea butter is a natural deep conditioner that’s full of moisturizing properties. Using a shea butter conditioner will provide tons of benefits to your locks, including:
- Anti-inflammatory – An itchy, irritated scalp can lead to dull and damaged hair. Shea butter contains amyrin, a chemical with natural anti-inflammatory properties. If you suffer from dandruff or dry scalp, try a little shea butter on your roots before reaching for a medicated shampoo (which may cause further dryness).
- Vitamins – Shea butter contains vitamins A and E. Vitamin A turns to collagen in the body, which can lead to thicker hair and faster growth. Vitamin E has moisturizing properties to make hair soft and silky. Find your favorite hair beautifying vitamins at eVitamins at a fraction of the price with RebateKey!
- Prevents breakage – The fatty acids in Shea butter help coat hair and protect each strand from breakage.
Why it’s good for hair – With a trifecta of fatty acids, vitamins, and anti-inflammatory properties—Shea butter is a moisturizing conditioner that offers deep conditioning and will leave hair stronger, shinier, and thicker.
Silica is a naturally occurring mineral made from silicon and oxygen. The reason silica works for dry hair and fine hair is because it promotes collagen production. When your body lacks silica, hair may begin to thin or even fall out.
Getting enough silica in your daily routine can be tricky. Here’s how you can boost your intake of this essential compound:
- Vitamins – When you eat silica-rich foods, any extra amounts are not stored for later use (unlike many other vitamins and minerals). Instead, your kidneys process the excess minerals and flush them out of your system.
Taking 1-3 500 mg silica tablets can help increase your collagen production and promote stronger strands. Using RebateKey’s eVitamins deals to stock up on silica tablets can help promote more money in your wallet (and help you look good, too!).
Greens – Green foods, like string beans and spinach, are rich in silica. Eating a few servings of these foods a day can help you reach your goal intake.
Whole grains – Whole grains, like brown rice and quinoa, can provide several milligrams of silica per serving. Rice water is also a nourishing treatment to prevent hair loss and dryness. Simply soak your grains in a tub of water and apply the liquid to your roots for an easy DIY conditioner.
Why it’s good for your hair – Lack of silica can cause the hair shaft and hair strand to break and fall out. This essential mineral boosts collagen production for a healthier head of hair.
4. Coconut Oil
If you’re experiencing split ends, scalp irritation, or dull strands, coconut oil can help. Coconut oil is rich in healthy fats and follicle-stimulating properties. Due to its thick consistency, a little coconut oil goes a long way. Using too much can often lead to oily hair. Here are some of the best ways to use this natural and organic conditioner in moderation:
Hair mask – A weekly coconut oil hair mask is a smart way to rejuvenate dry hair and give yourself a little self-care. Apply 1-2 tablespoons of a coconut oil mask on your hair. Comb the oil through and try to focus on the ends more than the roots. Rinse after 20 minutes for shinier hair all week long.
Conditioner – Conditioners that contain coconut oil can help you incorporate coconut oil to your locks daily. By thinning out the consistency with other healthy ingredients, you’ll be left with soft, silky hair.
Scrub – Coconut oil’s antimicrobial properties can be beneficial for scalp irritation. Combine your oil with a bit of brown sugar and use the scrub to detoxify your roots and promote healthier hair growth.
Why it’s good for your hair – Coconut oil’s fatty acids and thick consistency can help fix split ends and promote shine. The antimicrobial properties of this oil are also ideal for a healthy scalp.
Tea tree oil, jojoba oil, argan oil, olive oil, and apple cider vinegar are other natural ingredients that can be used as conditioners to promote healthy hair. You can even incorporate these ingredients to make a homemade conditioner. Make sure to research your hair type to know what ingredients are best for you.
Get Great Hair on a Budget with RebateKey
Stop paying full price for your natural hair products, and start saving with RebateKey!
The process is easy. All you have to do is find the products you want on our website, claim your rebate, and purchase these natural hair conditioners. From there, simply wait for your cashback rebate in the mail.
Get the hair you want on a budget you can afford, with RebateKey!