Table of Contents
Everyone loves a freebie. Yet, many people don’t know that you can get free stuff on Amazon.
This may sound too good to be true. As we all know, there’s no such thing as a free lunch. However, by following one simple hack, you can provide Amazon sellers value beyond money and get sent free things.
You don’t need to be an Amazon Prime member to get free things on Amazon. To find out how can you get your hands on some free Amazon items, keep reading.
Why are There Free Products on Amazon?
To get free stuff on Amazon, you need to understand the perspective of Amazon sellers. Their goal is to make as many sales as possible so they can earn a decent revenue.
To do this, they must:
- Show up high on Amazon’s search results pages : whether on a computer or the Amazon app, most shoppers only look at the first page of Amazon’s search results. Thus, sellers stuck on page 10 or 20 are desperate to rise up the ranks. To rank higher, they must satisfy Amazon’s algorithm. The two leading ranking factors of Amazon’s algorithm are sales and positive reviews.
- Generate more sales : To make more sales, Amazon sellers must appear reputable and provide evidence that they sell a worthwhile product. While photos and product listings can help their case, the only way online shoppers can verify a seller’s credibility is by looking at reviews. If an Amazon seller has no reviews, they’ll struggle to make sales. Amazon sellers also want genuine positive reviews, not fake reviews.
- Garner as many five-star reviews as they can: As we just discussed, online shoppers rely heavily on reviews to make their purchase decisions. However, you can’t get reviews if you haven’t sold any products yet. Thus, Amazon sellers get caught in a tricky catch 22—they can’t make sales without reviews, and they can’t get reviews without making sales.
Now that you understand Amazon sellers’ predicament, you can understand why they might be willing to sell you some products for free. They want your review as an Amazon shopper! In fact, your five-star review is much more valuable to them than money in the early stages. It’s what will convince buyers that their items are some of the best things to buy on Amazon Prime.
How to Get Free Stuff on Amazon Hack
There are two main ways to exchange your review for a free Amazon product:
Reach Out to Sellers and Offer Your Review
The first way to get a free Amazon product is to negotiate a deal with sellers directly.
Just follow these steps:
- Log into your Amazon account
- Search for something you want on Amazon
- Scroll through the search results until you find a listing with few to no reviews
- Message the seller
- Tell them you’ll give them an Amazon review in exchange for a free product or gift card
There are hundreds of thousands of sellers that will take you up on this deal. They understand that a five-star review will help them more in the long run than your money. Thus, it’s a win-win for both of you.
Facebook is Your Friend
Many sellers are so eager for product reviews that they request them on Facebook.
Many Facebook groups are dedicated to facilitating these deals. In these groups, Amazon sellers link to their product listing and offer free items to buyers in exchange for reviews.
To find these groups, simply search on Facebook for “Amazon Hacks,” “Amazon Freebies,” “Amazon Promo Codes,” and the like. You can also look at this convenient list of Facebook Groups from AMZFinder.
More Reasons Sellers Might Offer Free Items
Reviews aren’t the only motivation sellers have to give up some of their inventory for free.
Some other motivations include:
- Increasing their sales: Some sellers have a sales target for the week, month, or year. By offering a few people free items, they can catch up to their sales target if they’re falling behind.
- Reducing unwanted inventory: As with retail stores, sometimes an Amazon seller wants to clean out their inventory. Holding onto items becomes more costly than giving them away for free, due to listing and storage fees. In turn, they may be willing to give away a free item at a substantial discount or for free.
For these reasons, giving away a free product is aligned with many Amazon sellers’ business goals.
Join the Amazon Vine Program
Amazon Vine is an Amazon-run program that facilitates a similar process. Sellers send free inventory to Amazon, and then Amazon distributes it to trusted reviewers. These reviewers are asked to give their honest opinion on their free samples. This way, Amazon sellers can avoid fake reviews and the predicament of having zero reviews upon a new product’s launch.
To qualify as an Amazon Vine reviewer, you must:
- Consistently provide reviews on Amazon
- Write helpful reviews that other customers value
- Build a reputation for having expertise in a relevant product category
Once you get accepted into the program, you’ll receive tons of Amazon freebies directly.
Early Reviewer Program
Similar to the Vine Program, Amazon also runs an Early Reviewer Program. This encourages eligible members of the Amazon family to share a review about a new product that they have purchased. Amazon selects participants carefully to avoid fake reviews.
When selected, Amazon and Amazon Prime members can submit their reviews and have the chance to be rewarded with a free Amazon gift card.
Become a Pro Reviewer
Pro reviewers share product reviews and demos on their social media channels. Their YouTube or other social media content may be free, but because of their large following and product partnerships, they can eventually monetize their channels and turn them into successful businesses. This also benefits sellers on Amazon, whose products are vetted by influential content creators and receive the attention of new audiences.
To be a pro reviewer, you would need:
- A strong social media presence through a YouTube, Instagram or other channel
- The willingness to invest time and energy into developing content and maintaining the interest and engagement of your followers
- The patience to begin offering product demonstrations for free
- The attention of companies and sellers who can offer you freebies in exchange for more demos and reviews
Tap into Items That are Free for Anyone
You can also get freebies without becoming a reviewer. Here is a list of products that Amazon offers anyone for free:
- Amazon Prime free trial: Absolutely anyone can sign up for a 30-day free trial of Amazon Prime, which means freebies for a month. If you’re a student, Amazon Prime offers you a free subscription for six months. All you need is your student email ID, and you can get free movies, shows, music and postage. You also get special college discounts after your six-month free subscription.
- Free cloud storage: All users get 5 GB of free storage on Amazon Drive, but Prime members get unlimited photo storage in addition to this.
- Free digital albums: Browse Amazon Prime Music for free.
- Sample box program: If you’re an Amazon Prime member, purchase a sample box in exchange for a voucher, which you can use as an online gift card.
- Free ebooks: Kindle ebooks offers a number of ebooks and samples that you can read for free. Some of these are free for a limited period only, so browse regularly!
- Free audiobooks: Audible, which is linked to Amazon, offers every user two free audiobooks as part of their trial period. Sign up with a fresh email address to access your two free reads.
- Free apps: Amazon lets you download a number of apps for free. These can be a hit or miss, so check user reviews before you jump in.
How to Save Money on Amazon?
While you shop online, you can also save money on Amazon. Read on to learn how.
Amazon Prime Hacks Pantry Bulk Buying
Bulk-buy on Prime Pantry and save money on groceries and household products. If you buy 45 lbs of items, you can have them shipped at just $5.99. You can also use Amazon Pantry Coupons to get discounts on popular brands. Here are some categories of products that you can find on Prime Pantry:
- Household supplies
- Beauty and health care products
- Baby care products
- Pet care products
- Auto supplies
- Industrial and office supplies
Every day, Amazon sellers give away products for free to gain greater visibility and more user reviews. You can win giveaways by signing up on the Amazon app. Some winners are selected randomly, while others win as a consequence of being the nth person to sign up. Visit the Amazon giveaways page here to start receiving free products.
Amazon Subscribe and Save Hack
For daily-use products (like soap, for instance), you can set up a recurring order on Subscribe and Save. Have your items delivered to you at set intervals, and at a cheaper price than usual. You can get discounts on more than 100,000 products like groceries, home and office supplies, personal care products, baby products and more.
As you can see, getting free things on Amazon is easier than you think!
However, not every item on your Amazon wishlist will be freely available. For the products that you can’t get for free, use RebateKey.
Many sellers offer incredible Amazon cashback opportunities via RebateKey, all of which will be mailed to you once a month in a convenient check. Sign up for RebateKey today and never pay full price on Amazon again!